Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Animal Kingdom (Day 3)

We LOVED the Animal Kingdom.  If I had to do it again, I'd plan two days at AK instead of 2 days at Epcot.  Luckily we had Park Hopper passes so we squeezed in an extra afternoon on our last day. 
Sam meeting Mickey! 



Notice Olivia boycotting the picture.  sigh.

This is possibly the best picture ever we got on our photo pass.  Go ahead and zoom in our the front two rows.  It shows all the girls losing their minds on the Dinosaur ride.  I mean losing it.  I had a small feeling this ride be too much.  It's robotic dinos...?right?...they could handle it, right?
WRONG!  Definitely wrong.
Sam and Dad loved it.

Here's the first of the 7 times Sam was on his favorite ride of all the parks...Expedition Everest. If you have time to kill...watch the POV video on youtube of the ride.  It's such a cool coaster.  It has a yetti.  What more does a 7 year old boy need?
(please note Addie in the back row.  She rode this ride exactly one time! ha!)


Finding Rafikki in Animal Kingdom is a pain because he's way up on the far end of the park by a petting zoo and you have to take a train way up there.  BUT, the girls are mildly obsessed with Lion Guard and Lion King which means I was willing to make they track and it was worth it because we found Chip and Dale too!
This is actually my favorite girl picture!  I love this one!


This is a blurry pic clearly, but for future trips or trips you might take, I loved the Finding Nemo show at AK.  It's majorly impressive puppetry!  I loved it.  The twins fell asleep in the stroller so Mike stayed outside and they all missed it.  Definitely a show not to miss.  I liked it better than the Lion King show.
But everyone else was pretty enamored with that Lion King musical show.
I had to take the girls out of the 3D Bugs' Life Movie.  They were scared.  Bugs can be pretty creepy I guess.
Some out of order pics from Rafiki 

This is another one of my favorite pics.  We saw Pocohontas early, which was good because the line was long every other time we passed it. Notice Olivia insisted on making her feet "match" Pocohontas so the other girls joined in.  So fun!



Classic Safari at Animal Kingdom.  I could have gone on that again for sure.  So fun!
Eliza thought the jeep driving through the mud was the coolest part.






Important to note...the Dole Whips at AK include an option of dark or coconut rum which is the best idea ever.  Mom even snuck back and got us a second one while we were waiting for the boys at the end of the night.  They were...
you guessed it...
riding the Everest ride.  
:)