Monday, October 8, 2012

Thrilling...Addie's reading

I freely admit that I'm a total dork when it comes to teaching kids how to read.  I think it's more amazing that just about anything I get to do on a daily basis.  And (obviously) watching my own daughter learn to read is cause for super-nerdy celebration.
But, even today, on his wonderful day off, while doing the kiddo drop-off with me, Mike mentioned how fantastic it was to see Addie's reading emerge.  Kind of the beginning of something grand.  Addie's been in kindergarten about 6 weeks now, and she's moved from completely memorizing text, to beginning to pay attention to some words, to pointing to individual words to even making some guesses based on letters.  I know how this thing progresses.  It's just that much more magical when it's my little big girl.

 

{reading to Papa}
Posted by Picasa

No comments: