Thursday, October 25, 2012

Girls Weekend 2012

So last weekend, thanks to the unending kindness and generosity of my husband, I snuck away for the weekend to see my college girlfriends.  We try to get together every year and as much as possible, try to sneak away without our sweet kiddos for some serious girltime. 

This year, we went to Columbus, which happens to be where two of my roomies live and about 20 minutes from our favorite campus. 

Here we are at Wesleyan!  Yay!

Cait, Alison and Erin in front of the super smart economics building.
Alison is currently living in Wisconsin (too far from me) with her hubby Ted and two cute sons.  She works in HR and is totally a superstar at her company.
 

Erin, Cait, me and Megan in front of the Education/Psychology building (small campus, right? I think it had religion in it too)
Megan is an elementary principal (this is her first year!) She's a stellar teacher.  I wish we could work together.  She's married to Jeremy and they have two cuties, Gabe and Rosemary. 
Cait is a high school guidance counselor.  She's married to Stephan and has Sadie and Crew.  She adopted Crew from Rwanda, remember that?
Erin has a bun in her oven. She is married to Cory.  He put up with us all weekend at his house.  Erin's due in April.  She works at our sorority's national headquarters in Columbus.  Speaking of...
 
Here we are in front of our sorority house.

And our favorite frat house we used to 'frequent.'
Note the chair in the front yard left over from a party.
 

Everything's so updated after 10 years.  Expect this notable campus mailbox.  Still the same.

Our senior year house.

Hilarious phone pole outside our senior house where Erin's boyfriend back in the day may have ripped his car door off the hinges on our way to the bar library.  I think it was Alison's fault. 

Us at the bar in the afternoon

Out to dinner...
 
 

At our friend Megan's farm
(It really is a farm.)
She's granola.
She has chickens and makes me hike.
every.
girls'.
weekend.

granola or ? country girl?

Love those girls.  Even without wine.  Although, this girls weekend was even better with wine.  I've been preggo the last 5 girls' weekends, I'm certain. It was about time Erin was the dd. 
Mmm. 
College roomies really are the best.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: