Monday, June 18, 2012

Hanging up my shoes

It has been a long week.  If you read the previous post, you know that sleep has been a bit haphazard lately.  If you've been talking to me at all in the last couple of months, you know that my right calf is busted.  Today it is official:  it is the last damn day I'm running on that thing for a couple of months.  I'm hanging up my running shoes for the summer.

It couldn't come at a worse time.  Running is a sweet, blissful, stress relieving activity that always breathes life into me.  Not being able to run is like a musician not being able to play their guitar or piano.  I was running a really light 3 miles after taking a week off from the last calf incident when it tweaked again.  2 mile limp home.

I'm really down in the dumps about it.  I won't be running any races this year.  After I've taken the 3 months off, I have to just pray that the calf has healed completely and I'll be able to run again.  If so, I should be able to train back up for the Cleveland Half Marathon in 2013.  If not, I guess I'll have to take up biking or something.

I hope I don't get any fatter.  I gained 15 pounds back when I couldn't run during Jen's bedrest.

Also, the Cleveland Clinic says we owe them 10 thousand dollars, even though last months bill said 0.  Screw those guys.

No comments: