Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm already in there...

Jen and I had a very humorous parenting experience about a month ago that needs to be cataloged for the ages.  I woke up for one of the early morning feedings, maybe around 3 oclock, grunted, and threw the "hey it's time to get up" elbow.  Jen, rolls over and says to me, "Mike, I'm already in there."  I sat mystified for a moment, then told her we needed to get out of bed and go handle the girls.  Rather peeved this time, she tells me, "Mike, seriously, I'm already in there!"  So I shrug and go in the nursey to check.  And see if my wife is in there.  My wife who is asleep in the bedroom.

Well, needless to say, she wasn't in the nursery.  So I went back into our bedroom and said, "Uh, Jen, you're not in the nursery."  Jen said, "Oh."  Then got up and went to handle the babes.

Oh sleeep deprivation!