Friday, March 2, 2012

Everything embarassing happens to us at Target...

I'm not sure if you remember the time that Addie fell down in the middle of Target...
She looked back at Mike...very indignantly...
And yelled (loud enough for all nearby customers to hear...)

"Daddy, Don't run me over with the cart!"

It was a proud moment.

So yesterday was Addie's parent-conference at preschool and on the way home we stopped at Target to pick up diapers (shocking, I know...)  My Mom was home with the babies so I just had Addie and Sam.  We pulled in next to another minivan (they're popular at Target, if nowhere else) with a gentleman and a little girl getting out.  It looked like he could have been the grandpa and the girl was his granddaughter.  Sam announces, and I quote,

"Lookat dat stinky old man.  Now we can't go inta Target."

WHAT?  WHAT?  I nearly choked.  The man was slightly older, but clearly NOT stinky.  Where in the world did he get that?  I don't call anyone stinky (or old for that matter)!  AHHHHA.

I did what every mortified mother would do and squatted down next to Sam (secretly praying that the man wouldn't come back and chastise me as a morally reprehensible mother) and told Sam in no uncertain terms that his comments were mean and not nice and....

You get the picture.  How horrid.  If a two-year old ever says anything mean to you in Target, I swear, he doesn't mean it and his Mom isn't really without a moral compass.  I'm still cringing. 

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Embarassing moments are meant to happen at Target. Gabe loves hats and likes to point them out. When he was first saying hat, it would come out as fat... in line at Target, Gabe pointed to a much larger man in a hat and yelled "fat". After turning 10 shades of red.. I said, yes Gabriel, that is a hat" and kept my eyes down until we were done!