Monday, May 30, 2011

Looking back at yourself....

Every now and then, you have these moments where you look at your kids and realize you're seeing a piece of yourself in them... It happens to me all the time as Sam refuses to eat the food that's put in front of him.

In attempts to assure I'm not projecting myself on my daughter I've been talking up fall soccer all spring. It's time to sign up so I've asked Addie consistently for 2 weeks if she wants to play soccer this summer. Every time...I've gotten the same response. "No Mommy. I don't want to get my legs muddy/dirty."

Who can blame her? Despite my insisting lots of fun people play soccer (like Aunt Shell and Uncle Steve) and it's okay to get muddy...she just looks at me and shakes her head...like any moron would know that soccer=muddy.

I tried. :)

No comments: