Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fakers?

I read an article on CNN the other day, which Pastor Rick quoted today on his blog:

"The number of Americans who identify themselves as Christians has dropped significantly over the past 20 years — while 15 percent of U.S. residents now say they have “no” religion, a newly released survey reveals."

My question - do you think there are less ACTUAL Christians, or it is just more socially acceptable to admit you don't believe in God? I wonder if those people who now say "no religion" were people who weren't actually converts - they were just part of the church because their parents were, and going to church was what "good people" did.

I'm not too worried about this report because I think my previous point is true... I'd rather have the "fakers" out of the closet so we can get to the business of actually converting them for real. I'd rather they identify themselves as Christian when they really know what is up with Jesus, not just "Cuz my parents were Christian."

I mean, seriously, I'd rather not have a bunch of liars saying they are Christian but not really being so.

No comments: